Friday, May 20, 2011

DO

There it is. Now it's gone. A chance to do something, say something, make a difference, or make no difference at all except for having the chance and taking it.

I call them the "Shoulda Dones."

I shoulda done this or I shoulda done that.

I often talk about living life fully. Making every moment count. I tell you not to live this day as if it were your last, but to live it like it was the first day. A day so full of surprise and opportunity that the mere thought of having another day, makes you jump out of bed excited.

I love the "stop and smell the roses" people.

I love to read about people who saw a need and decided to fill it.

I rejoice in the stories I read about people who stopped running the rat race and did what they loved to do.

I remind you to always kiss them goodnight, tell them "I love you!," say "thanks" and mean it and smile, really smile a lot.

Today will bring you many chances to...

o Say "I love you" or "Thank you!"

o Stop what you are doing and do something silly

o Buy flowers and give them away to strangers

o Pay for a stranger's breakfast

o Run ahead to hold the door

o Let a driver cut in front of you

o Call a friend you haven't spoken with in a long time

o Check on a neighbor

o Paint, write, or sing out loud

o Dance to the music in the mall

Life was meant to be LIVED...not worried about, stressed over, endured. Hard times come...but they also go. The constant is that for the time we have here...LIVE your life, and make it pleasing to the one who gave HIS life for you...The one who offers you eternal life.

JESUS loves you, wants you to be happy, and most importantly wants to be with you forever...Just choose to accept , follow, live for HIM...don't make that choice a "Shoulda Done"... DO!!! BE Blessed


1 comment: